PhotoRec – this is the powerful free program for data recovery. This program is designed for recovery of the lost sections and/or restoration of master boot record of the disks.
PhotoRec – this is the program for recovery of the lost files from memory cards, hard drives and CD-ROMs. The program recovers most of the main formats of images, including JPEG and also audio files, Microsoft Office documents, PDF, and HTML, and various types of archives.
PhotoRec program scans the selected section or a disk. The program restores deleted files in its directory, or in any folder, specified by the user. This program supports the FAT, NTFS, ext2/ext3/ext4, exFAT and HFS+ file systems. PhotoRec program is the effective tool, which helps to recover deleted files from any data carriers.
PhotoRec program goes completed with the TestDisk program, which allows:
– to correct the table of sections, to recover deleted sections;
– to recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup;
– to rebuild (reconstruct) the boot sector of the FAT12/FAT16/FAT32;
– to correct the FAT table;
– to rebuild (reconstruct) the boot sector of the NTFS;
– to recover NTFS boot sector from its backup;
– to recover MFT using MFT mirror;
– to define a backup SuperBlock ext2/ext3;
– to recover deleted files on the FAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems;
– to copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3 sections.